i just tried this and now im so tired i dont think ive ever been this tired before my whole body is shaking and i only did one time through but im so proud of myself. i just had a fruit smoothie i felt like being sick but instead i exercised and now i feel a bit better
just a quick workout. :)
obviously, the warm-up and cooldown should be at a reasonably slow pace. then, every blue line means that you have to repeat the warm-up (as fast as you can), which really can work up a nice sweat.
a few explanations…
- high knees - while working your arms and alternating legs, drive your knees up nice and high (hence, “high knees”).
- butt kickers - it’s like running, except the heels of your feet should hit your butt each time you take a step. i did these by “running” in place!
- rim jumps
- tricep dips
- plié squats - here’s a good video (skip to 37 seconds).
- scissors - lunge on one side and then quickly transition into a lunge on your other leg by jumping. that is, switch legs by jumping in the air.
- bicycle crunches
- leg lifts - lie with your back on the ground. then, with your legs straight, lift them up a little over a 45 degree angle, and slowly lower them about 5 inches off the ground. hold for a few seconds.
good luck, and enjoy yourself!
ps. don’t forget to keep your knees behind your toes when squatting and doing lunges.
This is an awesome & quick little workout
Chocolate-Chip Banana Bites (low calorie/vegan)
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup flour (I used 70g oat flour. You can use all-purpose or spelt.)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (not baking powder)
- 2T to 1/3 cup chocolate chips, depending on your preference
- 2T brown sugar (do not omit or sub with white) (20g)
- 1T plus 2tsp white sugar (If you have no sweet tooth, like me, you can omit) (21g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1T vegetable oil (or pre-melted margarine) (12g)
- 2-3T nondairy milk, or more if needed (feel free to switch proportions of milk and oil) (30-45g)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix your dry ingredients, then add in wet. Form baby-sized cookies OR big cookies and bake 6-8 minutes. Take out when still underdone–they’ll continue to cook while cooling, and so you don’t want them to get hard. (If you made big cookies, you can use a circle-shaped cookie cutter to achieve baby cookies.)
To serve: sandwich a banana slice between two cookies. If possible, do this at the last minute so the bananas stay fresh. For a variation, replace banana with sliced strawberries!
Next time I bake, I’m making these!
One word: yum.
Exercise finder. You just simply click on the body part you would like to work on and it will give you a list of workouts. :)
It is a great website!